Bulk billing is available at this practice for current Medicare card holders. Please remember to bring your Medicare Card with you to each appointment as well as your Pension & Health Care cards.
Some medicals and visits are not covered by Medicare, eg: work-related accidents and injuries, life insurance, superannuation etc. If you have any queries please ask reception when making the appointment. Payment is required for additional services at the time of consultation, EFTPOS facilities are available at all our practices.
Labrador Park Medical is predominantly a bulk-billing surgery and our aim is to provide patients with affordable health care. In order to maintain bulk-billing entitlements at this surgery patients are required to attend their appointments on time and to notify the surgery of any cancellations “prior” to the appointment time. Failure to comply with these requirements may result in a fee being charged and a loss of bulk-billing entitlements at this surgery.
We encourage all patients to make an appointment for results
Any patient with any abnormal results will be recalled to the practice to discuss results with the doctor. No results will be given over the phone.
In accordance with the Privacy Amendment (Enhancing Privacy Protection) Act 2012, all information collected is treated as sensitive information. To protect your privacy, this practice operates strictly in accordance with the Act.
What information is collected
Only necessary information for the undertaking of functions and activities relating to the services we offer is collected.
Why we collect health information
We collect information:
- To manage your health issues
- For the normal running of the business, e.g. billing.
How we handle your health information
Our doctors and staff are trained to handle your personal information discreetly and privately. We also engage in a range of security initiatives to protect your information from loss or misuse.
You may obtain access to the information
For further details ask at the front desk. Usually information is available within 30 days of lodging request. Nominal charges may apply.
The organisations or persons to whom information is usually disclosed
Health providers involved in your treatment and care may receive selected information from your personal health record. These include pathology, hospital, radiology and specialist services.
The consequences of not providing all or part of the information requested
There may be serious repercussions if we do not know who you are, how to contact you or be able to contact you in a timely manner. Withholding personal health information from your GP or others involved in your health care may put your life or health at risk.
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal health information or need to arrange access to your records, please ask to speak to our Privacy Officer.
If you have a problem or feedback we would like to hear about it. Please feel free to talk to your doctor or receptionist. All suggestions or complaints in writing will receive full consideration. Send your complaints marked confidential to Practice Manager Labrador Park Medical Centre Shop 13, 100 Brisbane Road, Labrador, QLD, 4215.
Please find following contact details for the formal complaint body in Queensland.
Office of the Health Ombudsman, Director, Business Innovation
GPO Box 13281, George St
Brisbane, QLD, 4003
As a patient of this practice, you have the right to:
- Qualified, competent staff who will attend to you with care and skills
- Respect for your culture, ethnicity and religious beliefs
- Fair treatment regardless of your race, language, age, sex, sexual preference or disability
- Have a clear explanation of your health problems, treatment and risk
- Receive a confidential service
- Be involved in the treatment or management plan regarding your health
- Expect complaints are dealt with quickly and fairly
- Provide positive feedback
- Private and confidential service
As a patient of this practice, you have the responsibility to:
- Treat all staff with courtesy and respect
- Retain from using abusive or threatening language or behaviour
- Be respectful to others in regards to their culture, ethnicity, religious beliefs, race, age, sexual preference, language or disability
NO TOLERANCE FOR DISCRIMINATION
- Understand the staff of this practice have certain policies and procedures to adhere to regarding service provisions including Confidentiality and Privacy
- To understand due to times of high demand and unforeseen emergencies there may be delays
- Make follow up appointments and collect results